Sunday, May 23, 2010

Our Hero Is Home


PFC Billy Gene Anderson
Photo courtesy WJLE.com


Last Monday one of our local soldiers was killed in Afghanistan.

His name was PFC Billy Gene Anderson... Age 20. Husband to my distant cousin Caitlin and father to a 9 month old little girl...Lily Grace.


Today Our Hero made his way back home. I am so proud to say that I live in a small town when something like this happens people join together to show support. His body arrived in Smithville around 11:45 am. I am so proud to say I attend a church that went out, held flags, cried tears, and showed support as his body made its way past our church in route to the funeral home.


To view video footage of today please visit http://www.wjle.com/
Bethany

1 comment:

Maranda Danelle said...

It is wonderful to see community support like we have! God Bless his family.

Check out the $50 giveaway on my blog!

heartandsewl.blogspot.com